Friday, July 31, 2009

I've been pretty hard on myself about working out lately. Things are busier than ever with the job, volunteering, the house, the dogs, and the husband, and about to get even crazier as I pick up 3 classes for the fall semester like a moron. But most importantly - I NEED TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT!

It's really annoying that I push myself so hard to get to the gym and am so hard on myself when I don't go, that when I actually do make it there - I have a crappy workout and then get even madder at myself.

5k is coming up in 2 months and I'm still stuck at 2 miles..and I can only run that if I'm not in a bad mood. Yeah I admit it - I'm a bad runner. Save all your cheezy comments. Not in the mood.

So I don't know what to do. I finally found a yoga tape that doesn't make me want to claw out my ear drums. Rodney Lee is the man. So I've been doing yoga a few times a week after work and it's amazing. Too bad it doesn't burn enough calories to do anything but feel good.

Oh, and LIVESTRONG keeps telling me I'm not getting enough fiber. So now some stupid clear powder goes into my coffee every morning. Makes me feel old.

In other news, I met a woman through work that owns a farm. I feel like I'm now a part of a secret society. Squeel! I'm going to go to the Peachtree farmer's market tomorrow to pick up some yummy goodness..I'm especially eyeing her squash blossoms and Spigariello Liscia. Hopefully someone has some blueberries as well. I've had an unnatural obsession with blueberries lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment