Friday, March 19, 2010

Speed

I had way too much going on yesterday and I knew the only way I would get any form of exercise in was to get up at 5:30 in the morning. I am NOT a morning runner. Heck, I am not a morning anything. But necessity has forced it upon me. To combat the fact I hate everything before 7 am, I did 2 miles of speedwork. Instead of doing intervals, I simply ran faster. I usually keep my heart rate around 165-175 on my runs. On this run, I kept it at a 182-185 pace and I was able to keep it going for the two miles. It left me with a 9:24 pace, which is much better than my usual plodding. I should do runs like this more often. It was quick, slightly painful, and I felt like I may have accomplished something.

That plus Yoga Meltdown Level 2 in the evening gave me a little over 400 calories burned for the day. Not bad considering the crazy schedule I had.

Details of the run here.

No comments:

Post a Comment