Friday, April 2, 2010

Pylometric Accomplishment & The Grumble of the Before Pics

Woke up today feeling a lot less sore than I thought I would from Day 1 of P90x. Back, tris, and shoulders hurts but chest and abs were fine. Today I rocked plyo like it was my job. I've never finished that DVD before, but I conquered it today. So happy! Had a protein shake right after and felt great, but started to get exhausted after 2-3 hours. A walk around the block with the dogs helped, but I do feel drained. Forcing myself to study for my PHR probably doesn't help, but it needs to be done. Looking forward to a good night sleep and back with Tony for Arms & Shoulders and Ab Ripper X in the morning. Day 2 is in the books!

I'd also like to say I went through the horribly self-deprecating process of recording my weight, measurements, and before pictures. The hardest thing about this for me, is I took "before" pictures back in August, when I started running and doing the Jillian Michaels' program in October. The pictures don't look any better. That really pisses me off.

Here I am averaging 8 miles per week (no I know that's not a lot but hell it is for me!), working out 5-6 times per week this whole time, and tracking every bite that goes into my mouth and THE PICTURES DON'T LOOK ANY BETTER! Ugh, so frustrating.

Go ahead and tell me that it took me longer than 6 months to put the weight on, that my cardio is so much better or that I added a few years to my life. I've heard it all. Just give me a minute to be pissed that I don't look any better after over 100 miles. Then I'll pick my chin up, lace up my shoes, and get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment